Why SD-WAN is a powerful healthcare technology solution
Posted by on September 9, 2019 8:15 am
July 29, 2019 Dustin LeekCIO - Healthcare Practice, CBTSFollow
Organizations face unique challenges when adopting a new healthcare technology solution. In addition to HIPAA and HITRUST compliance, hospitals must also conform to a federal mandate that requires meaningful use of electronic health records.
Healthcare organizations experience additional technical challenges, including:
- The need to quickly share X-ray images, CT scans, test results, and other critical data with colleagues to collaborate on patient health management.
- Advanced security measures to segment access to private information.
- Integrating new acquisitions into the system.
- Creating a positive patient experience.
- The cost of multiple Internet links to ensure 24x7x365 operations.
- Training and managing an IT staff to monitor technology and troubleshoot problems.